In the first semester of school, the class will focus on fall thematic units and the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. Some of our units will include:
- all about me – making a personal doll
- families and making a family tree
- how apples grow, taste, and the use of apples in art
- leaves and their beautiful fall colors
- from seed to pumpkin, carving and cleaning the gooey pumpkin, and tasting roasted pumpkin seeds
- fire safety awareness with a possible visit from the Gainesville Fire Department.
- weather and the nesting and hibernation of our animal friends
For more hands on learning, PK4 may take fields trips which include the Santa Fe College Teaching Zoo and the Pumpkin Patch.
As the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays approach, our focus will include being thankful for God’s blessings, our gifts to others, and the birthday of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
As with all of our thematic units in PK4-VPK, our activities are enhanced and enriched with fun hands-on learning in the areas of religion, emergent reading and writing, math, science, social studies, and arts/crafts.
Please purchase PK 4 Supplies or bring $25 on first day of
school and the teacher will purchase everything except
- 1 – 2 inch White Binder (Hard cover with front clear sleeve)
- 30 – Clear page protector sheets
- 2 – Bounty Large roll Paper Towels
- 2 – Clorox Wipes (large container)
- 4 – 8 count boxes of Crayola crayons (primary colors) not large
- 1 – Crayola washable markers (8 count primary colors)
- 6 – Elmers “Jumbo” glue sticks
- 2 – Elmer’s white glue
- 2 – Quart size “zipper baggies”
- 2 – Plastic 2-pocket folders without clasp or pictures (no black)
- 1 – Prang “8” Watercolors (primary colors)
- 1 – Unscented Tissues (box)
- 1 – Wet wipe
◊ Nap mat (Full time only)
◊ Change of clothes labeled in a ziplock
◊ Optional: small travel pillow and small blanket for nap time.
No need to label individual supplies as all supplies are shared except for 2"white binder (only label binder please)